Is a slot machine not paying out? Should that bonus round have been activated? Are you getting an error message?
If you think the game is behaving unexpectedly, documenting the problem through screenshots or a short video is a surefire way to a more quick and efficient resolution—including receiving in-game currency compensation for your experience in some instances!
Below are instructions based on the operating system you currently use.
Please keep in mind that there is an incredibly wide selection of devices out there on the market, so if you’re having trouble with any of the instructions below, please let us know and we would be more than happy to help!
Apple Product Screenshots
Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Mini
- Press SHIFT, COMMAND, 3 buttons all at the same time.
- Find the screenshot on your desktop.
For more in-depth instructions, please see this guide from Apple on Macs.
Windows 10 Screenshots
PCs and Laptops
- Select START and type snipping tool.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut (Windows key + Shift + S).
- Open the snipping tool and click New.
- Select the area of the screen you want to capture.
- Save the image.
For more information, please see this in-depth Snipping Tool guide from Microsoft.
- Press the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons at the same time.
- Screenshots will usually be saved to your Pictures library.
- Press CTRL + [IMG] keys at the same time.
- If the above does not work, try CTRL + F5 keys at the same time.
- Screenshots are typically saved as a PNG in your Downloads folder.
If the above does not work, please refer to your Chromebook's device manual.